Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Auto Headlights and E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Headlights and E-Brake

i have an 01 SS and i believe someone told me that when the auto headlight feature turns on the headlights that they go out when you have the e-brake up...is this true?? Also..has anyone tried to delete the auto headlight feature or tried to bypass it some how?? Lets say that whole e-brake thing is true...maybe there is a way to trick the car with a switch to think that the e-brake is applied..kinda like the trick to watch a dvd while driving...i hope this doesnt confuse anyone...in advance..thanks for the help!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001-CamaroSS-LS1
i have an 01 SS and i believe someone told me that when the auto headlight feature turns on the headlights that they go out when you have the e-brake up...is this true?? Also..has anyone tried to delete the auto headlight feature or tried to bypass it some how?? Lets say that whole e-brake thing is true...maybe there is a way to trick the car with a switch to think that the e-brake is applied..kinda like the trick to watch a dvd while driving...i hope this doesnt confuse anyone...in advance..thanks for the help!!
did you read the sticky at the beginning of Stereo & Electronics? There should be a write up in one of those on the Auto Headlight defeat
Also the ebrake trick worked on my friend's S10... so maybe
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No.

If you start the car with the ebrake set, then the headlights are out. But once they are on, setting the ebrake won't turn them off unless you turn the car off then back on.

Just do the auto headlight disable in the sticky. Easy enough to do.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
No.

If you start the car with the ebrake set, then the headlights are out. But once they are on, setting the ebrake won't turn them off unless you turn the car off then back on.

Just do the auto headlight disable in the sticky. Easy enough to do.
thats what the trick is... your ebrake is 'on' but not engaged enough to actually brake
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check out this Sticky on "Auto Headlight Defeat":
https://ls1tech.com/forums/7096661-post8.html

Quick Reply: Auto Headlights and E-Brake