Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

An Easier Way to Delete Auto Headlight Featured Also...To Have Control Over It

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I did the Scotchlok and everything is great. Lights don't come on unless I use the headlight switch. Then when it got to the cutting of the yellow/black wire it all goes to hell to use the auto lights anymore apparently. Granted, I picked up a lighted switch because I was able to use the shape a little better for the car but I knew that the light wouldn't work regardless. It's a universal mini rocker switch for 12V and with the following instructions. Top prong to ground; middle prong to 'source' with a max of 15A and bottom prong to power. When I cut and added wire to both ends of the yellow wire I put the bottom (power) to the extended wire closest to the stereo; and the middle (source) to the extended wire closest to the sensor. Nothing changed in either position of the rocker switch and I still need the factory headlight switch to get the lights on. Where did I go wrong?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wired in parallel, all is good.

Quick Reply: An Easier Way to Delete Auto Headlight Featured Also...To Have Control Over It