Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone know about Glowshift guages? Are they reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know about Glowshift guages? Are they reliable?

Really dont want to spend 300 just on a triple guage autometer pod. These glowshifts look nice and theres a couple guys that have them on their cars on here. Is the fitment and all nice too?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have one from them and gauges from them in my camaro....the only prob i had with mine in i had to cut the bottom part off because lt1 camaros dont have the same vents on the bottom but past that it fits real good no problems here
Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im about to get them on my 1999 firebird too, but i havent heard any bad about them. Considering that a few guys in the car club have them on theirs too. So go for it!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i was thinking about getting an autometer 2 1/16 triple pillar, because the autometer pods look a little more sleek than the glowshifts, then putting the glowshift guages in.

Oh and can I hook up an oil temp guage and if so where does it run to? I was thinking oil temp, vaccum, and fuel pressure.

Last edited by CRAGER; 07-13-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

I have had Glowshift gauges in my car since 2004, they are hard to beat for the price and quality. No issues here. Good Luck.

Dub
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by firebirdmo
Im about to get them on my 1999 firebird too, but i havent heard any bad about them. Considering that a few guys in the car club have them on theirs too. So go for it!
I've been considering them as well for my Typhoon I just bought. I need a good air fuel and was going to get the boost gauge to match. Seen alot of video on them in youtube and they look and seem to work well.

Noticed your in the ATL. Where does your car club meet?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

I have the elite 7 color fuel press gauge & I think its great so far 1 week in & watching for any malfunctions, so far none. I was thinking of getting the wideband one soon.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

I have had Glowshift gauges in my car since 2004, they are hard to beat for the price and quality. No issues here. Good Luck.

Dub
Do you remember what adapters you needed for your install?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I have the tinted 7 color fuel pressure gauge...waste of money if you ask me. At night you can see it and it seems accurate, but during the day you cant see it worth ****. Maybe if i didn't get the tinted series? prolly going to sell it and get an autometer to match my ultra lites...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

I had them in my eclipse for a couple years looked great and were accurate....my only issue was their wideband A/F gauge does not have dataloging capabilities but that was my bad for not noticing before I bought it.

Originally Posted by 89ROC-Z
I have the tinted 7 color fuel pressure gauge...waste of money if you ask me. At night you can see it and it seems accurate, but during the day you cant see it worth ****. Maybe if i didn't get the tinted series? prolly going to sell it and get an autometer to match my ultra lites...
I just a thought because I had the tinted series in my eclipse and I could see them fine in the day......and I know they have two intensities bright for day, dim for night...... So depending on how you have it wired the daytime running lights in our f-bodys might have it running in the night mode all the time making it difficult for you to see in the day.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

i bought a couple of them, 7 elite series fuel pressure gauge, and 10 series elite wideband... Sadly the wideband gauge has had problems within the first few weeks i bought it... The gauge marked accurately and perfectly fine, but the iluminated needle no longer iluminated... and all glowshift told me was to check my connections like i managed to screw it up. I've yet to reply to them again cuz i thought it was a butthole response.

So anyways... not saying not to buy from them... just be realistic about the quality of what you buy for cheap i guess. They are nice gauges tho..
Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

I have no problem day or night with the 10 color elite fuel press gauge.I went with a AEM for wideband though.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Launching!

The boost and egt gauges on our powerstroke work pretty well. The tachometer on other hand SUCKS! It was off severely. Other than the tach, the others in my experience are fairly accurate.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

I have the black 7series trans temp gauge in my firebird. got it in my drivers side vent. wiring was pretty simple and the red setting goes great with my stock red interior dash lights.
im considering getting the 10 series boost gauge and wide band gauge kit. was thinking the fuel pressure but im not sure yet on that one.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis350
i bought a couple of them, 7 elite series fuel pressure gauge, and 10 series elite wideband... Sadly the wideband gauge has had problems within the first few weeks i bought it... The gauge marked accurately and perfectly fine, but the iluminated needle no longer iluminated... and all glowshift told me was to check my connections like i managed to screw it up. I've yet to reply to them again cuz i thought it was a butthole response.

So anyways... not saying not to buy from them... just be realistic about the quality of what you buy for cheap i guess. They are nice gauges tho..
other then the light issue, how did the wideband funtion? how accurate was it?

Quick Reply: Anyone know about Glowshift guages? Are they reliable?