Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Manual fan switch wiring ... have a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Manual fan switch wiring ... have a question

Not sure if anyone has made their own manual fan switch but after some digging through the forum, I've dug this schematic by shbox.com.

After looking at the diagram, on the top left hand side of the diagram, there are two 1/2 to 1 watt 47 ohm resistors on the blue wire. Are two necessary or was it a mistake?

So do I need to tie two resistors together?
Attached Thumbnails Manual fan switch wiring ... have a question-fan_sw_diagram2.jpg  
Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Launching!

if you use the LED bulbs and a DPDT switch (dual pole dual throw) you need them to reduce the power to the LED bulbs.

I used a SPDT (single pole dual throw) and wired the blue and green wires directly, i dont need a light to remember where the switch position is and hid the switch to the back left corner of the ash tray it keeps it a my finger tip and hides the switch completely
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

so i need to wire up the two resistors?

i need the LEDs to remind myself to turn off the fan switch. I know for sure that I'm going to leave it on and forget to turn it off.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 AM
Teching In

you can hear them pretty well,i didnt do the led and its imposable not to hear them if left on.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by benoh
so i need to wire up the two resistors?
i need the LEDs to remind myself to turn off the fan switch. I know for sure that I'm going to leave it on and forget to turn it off.
IF you use the LED's then yes and a DPDT switch.... you can get it all at radio shack

Originally Posted by dan catalyst
you can hear them pretty well,i didnt do the led and its imposable not to hear them if left on.
on high i can always hear them, if i use low (almost never) its hard to hear at the office, but my office is 500 feet from a 10 lane expressway....

Quick Reply: Manual fan switch wiring ... have a question