Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

blinkers don't blink after bumper removal.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinkers don't blink after bumper removal.

Hey guys, was wondering if anybody could enlighten me on this. I removed the front bumper the other day, and took off the fog lights and horn. Plugged everything else back in and now neither blinker will flash. I'm wondering if some how the horn/fog lights are on the same circuit, or what. I doubt I blew both bulbs at the same time. Any insight would be helpful, as I'm quite stumped.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

low on blinker fluid ? did you check the fuse ?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Launching!

I've checked every fuse that said anything about lights or blinkers. They're all good.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might of pulled the pins out of the connectors if you pulled on them at all. check all the pin connections and make sure no broken wire's.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Launching!

I don't recall pulling on them at all, I unhooked everything beforehand and left it hanging. I'll go check that tomorrow, I'll also plug up the fog lights/horn to see if that fixes the problem.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

The horn and fog lights are not related - they're not connected to the turn signal circuit in any way.

Do the front lights come on at all (DRL, parking lights)? Do the tail lights still work? I don't mean blink but do they come on when you try the turn signals?

If all the lights (front and rear) come on but don't blink then the problem is likely the flasher.

If only the rear lights come on then the reason they're not blinking is because of the front lights not working - check the connections, the bulbs, and the sockets (for corrosion). It could also be the DRL module behind the radio but that isn't as likely.

If none of the lights come on then you have a power supply problem. Recheck the TURN/BU fuse (fuse #2) using a tester or by replacing with a known good fuse. A defective turn signal switch could also cause this problem.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Launching!

wow, that's a lot of info. Thanks man! Couldn't do anything today cuz a shop took 9 hours to fix my window motor.

Things I do know: the running lights come on normally, but don't seem to brighten any with the signal (not sure since I was using the reflection in the back of a truck). the rears also come on normally and will light up when I try to use the signal.

I'll check all the individual lights later tonight when I have somebody to work the switch lever.