Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote start carputer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote start carputer?

So I have seen a few people pull off the touchscreen carputer and I am severely intrigued by this idea. I am curious if anyone has been able to set their computer up to start on the 2nd unlock pulse from the FOB once the progressive door unlock mod has been performed.

Basically what I'd like to be able to do is hit the unlock button 2x so that the computer will start booting up prior to me opening the door or starting the car in order to minimize the down time due to boot-up.

Also, does anyone know if the electrical draw due to audio system (amp) startup as well as the engine cranking will significantly affect a carputer? I'd imagine that would be pretty easy to work around, but I'm definitely no electrical engineer so I thought I'd ask those in the know.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

assuming your using a 200 wat dc - dc power supply for your carputer, just pop a lil 1/2 farad capacitor before the power supply from the batter, itll act as a power scrubber in a way as capacitors resist change in voltage

as far as turning on on the 2nd button, only thing that activates on the 2nd button is a pulse to unlock passenger side door, so a design would have to be based off of that small pulse.... ill look into it while at work today

Quick Reply: Remote start carputer?