Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

just put factory monsoon HU in and doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just put factory monsoon HU in and doesnt work

im about to sell my car and i wanted to pull out the aftermarket headunit and put the factory monsoon in. i put it in and theres a quick sound like the speakers are coming on and then nothing happens. all but 2 of the lights on the headunit are out and but the radio still displays the time. i thought it was theftlocked and tried pressing the 2-3 button to get the code to come on but nothing happens. i also tried putting in a cd but nothing happens either, the cd will eject and everything but nothing happens. anyone have any ideas i need to get this fixed ASAP!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Have you checked the RADIO fuse? The head unit has three power sources - the RADIO fuse for ignition switched power, the PWR ACCY fuse for battery power, and the IP DIMMER fuse for illumination. It uses battery power for the clock, memory, and CD load/eject but it needs the ignition power to actually play music.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Have you checked the RADIO fuse? The head unit has three power sources - the RADIO fuse for ignition switched power, the PWR ACCY fuse for battery power, and the IP DIMMER fuse for illumination. It uses battery power for the clock, memory, and CD load/eject but it needs the ignition power to actually play music.
checked all the fuses unless there are some under the dashboard? anyone got any other ideas?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Teching In

did you buy the radio from another person or was it an old one you had laying around? some sketchy people will sell broken stuff for full price
Old 08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by madness410
did you buy the radio from another person or was it an old one you had laying around? some sketchy people will sell broken stuff for full price
no it was the original one i took out of the car when i bought it, it was in perfect working order