Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Old School VS. New School Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn this thread has been a nice trip back in time. I ran MTX thunder 2300x and 4300x amps and I loved them. My first system included an Aura Force12 connected to the rear channels of the 4300x bridged (pre 2300x) great power and great sound. Ive been looking for some ZPA0.5 and ZPA0.3 amps just to store for when I get a car worthy of a system.

The PG cyclone was sold to the wrong people for the wrong reasons. they were meant for a home theatre application to play frequencies below the human audible range. people tried to play them in the audible range and blew them out. you needed 10" or 12" subs to go along with them.

I was never a fan of fosgate, but the Power DVC subs were always a favorite, as well as the eclipse 8800 series and going older, old school JL w6. the PPI pro series subs were nice too, liquid cooled and all.

I did run the JL slash series when they came out and i personally liked them. maybe not zeropoint level of quality, but not the other junk thats out there now.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Launching!

What did you have against the JL Audio amps? I have JL, and many of my friends do too and we all love them. Just interested to see which one you tried and what you thought of it.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98z8uup
Took sometime to find the things I wanted. Then I got both amps for a good price eBay.

Nice setup, love that you went with the old school RF gear!! Looks nice and Im sure even sounds better
Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sicLS1
Nice setup, love that you went with the old school RF gear!! Looks nice and Im sure even sounds better
I love the old RF amp's. Thats all I had when I was in my 20's. Yes it does sound good, but now that I am 40. I do not turn it up that lound, but it's nice to have if do want a little BASS.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Old School VS. New School Power