Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

what would be better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what would be better?

Well, i need to replace all 6 speakers.. I have a pretty powerfull 4 channel amp. Should i buy some componet speakers for the front, some 3 ways and get rid of the middle subs, and some 4+6's for the rear and use my 4 channel to push all 6. Or just use the the 2 factory amps and just upgrade the speakers.. I have another amp hooked up right now for pushing my 2 10's so bass is nota problem. Le tme know whatcha think.. thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with a nice set of components up front, and you can either get a nice set of coaxials for the rear to replace the stock "subs" or something for the hatch speakers since you will have 2 more channels left. I left my factory hatch speakers in for people sitting in the back (I cant hear them, so quality of them doesnt matter to me, it just gives people in the back something to listen to besides bass).
Old 01-22-2004, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Go with a nice set of components up front, and you can either get a nice set of coaxials for the rear to replace the stock "subs" or something for the hatch speakers since you will have 2 more channels left. I left my factory hatch speakers in for people sitting in the back (I cant hear them, so quality of them doesnt matter to me, it just gives people in the back something to listen to besides bass).
Yea i guess your right.. You cant really hear the hatch speakers. especially if i put some 3 ways in where the factory subs go huh? Hell, might just put some 4+6's in the rear just for the hell of if.. guess itll be a 6 channel amp. If i dont go like 200 watts for each speaker then it ought to be all right.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have component fosgates up front and 6 1/4 3 ways in the middle (fosgate). 2 Infinity 10" in the back subbed up..... sounds really good