Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Proximity based alarm system..Plus push button start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squee
Link?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...rt-review.html
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Link?
Looks like lassokey is out of the question their site is no longer working.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...rt-review.html
Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't really matter. I'll be going with a Advanced Keys RFID/pushbutton setup most likely. I like the size of the access key, and the fact that it also has credit card sized emergency access cards.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Launching!

That's not a bad price thanks for sharing, I'll read up on it tomorrow
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by emenny81
That's not a bad price thanks for sharing, I'll read up on it tomorrow
No problem. From what I've gathered, its one of the best, if not the best RFID on the market. Just need to figure out if and how you can integrate it into a REAL alarm like my Viper 5902.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Launching!

No problem. From what I've gathered, its one of the best, if not the best RFID on the market. Just need to figure out if and how you can integrate it into a REAL alarm like my Viper 5902.
Big deal breaker is not being able to open the trunk from the remote, im reading thru their forums now so I can educate myself and dont ask a question that has already been asked before

looks really good though for the price.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by emenny81
Big deal breaker is not being able to open the trunk from the remote, im reading thru their forums now so I can educate myself and dont ask a question that has already been asked before

looks really good though for the price.
That doesn't really matter for me if I can integrate my 5902. All the Aux. and sensors for actual security would be the 5902, and the Advaned Keys would just be the RFID and tach sensing pushbutton start. The problem I've seen with most of the RFID setups is arming/disarming the actual alarm. Alot of the RFIDs have trouble doing it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Squee , when are you pulling the trigger on this?

btw when you said that RFID systems have a problem able/disable the alarm...you mean if used in combination with a second alarm like you want to?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Squee , when are you pulling the trigger on this?

btw when you said that RFID systems have a problem able/disable the alarm...you mean if used in combination with a second alarm like you want to?
Yea, sort of. The RFID systems I've actually found information on didn't have a output that would arm/disarm an aftermarket alarm system properly. One for instance could only cut power to the aftermarket alarm when the doors were unlocked by the RFID fob. Problem being, that when you walk away from it and the system locks the doors, applying power to the secondary alarm, the alarm will go off, cause as we all know, when a aftermarket alarm loses power and then regains it, it goes off.

As for when, I'm not sure. I'll probably get my 5902 installed and like I want it, then tackle this, but I'm still unsure if the Advanced Keys can arm/disarm the 5902 properly. I don't wanna have to leave all the security up to the Advanced Keys. Its just not sophisticated enough in that regard. I want my 5902 with backup sirens and batter, tilt sensor, glass break sensor, proximity sensor, etc., while also having SmartStart on my iPhone, so I don't have to have a fob at all, just the RFID in my wallet.

Good news though, is that I think the Advanced Keys setup might very well be able to disarm the Viper, since it has a starter control relay output. That might very well be able to do it. Hopefully...
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok thanks...I 'll put this in the backlog until remote start feature becomes available.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the star keyless start... Say you are doing 100mph at the track and have a problem that needs an immediate shutdown, will the car let you kill it just by pushing the break in a bit and pushing the button?
Or... Could I still use my normal key method at the track that way there is less likely a chance of malfunction.

Quick Reply: Proximity based alarm system..Plus push button start?