Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Good or bad deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good or bad deal?

Yesterday I went to a couple audio places just for something to do. All of a sudden I spot a stealth box for a 10". Its missing a terminal cup for hooking up the wires, and it looks like its been ran through a bunch of sand or something. Real dirty, didn't say what brand it was. ANyways it was $85. Was I stupid for not buying this?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Hell thats easy to clean up and the terminal cup is cheap. Sounds alright to me. You're a lucky dog, all I keep seeing is the 2 12" boxes. Way to much for me. Trying to find a good deal to.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i thought it was a ok deal, but i just wasnt sure of its quality, looked like somebody sprayed rhino guard on it or something. Plus i can build like 2 or 3 boxes out of one sheet of mdf board. but i do want to get a stealth box before next spring. maybe build one, but im sure its a pain in the ***.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Brand new from Subthump and you know it's awesome qaulity for 112? I'd spend the extra 25 and know what I'm getting. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gfeller2006
Brand new from Subthump and you know it's awesome qaulity for 112? I'd spend the extra 25 and know what I'm getting. Just my 2 cents.
Thats what i was thinking. Plus if i order online there is no tax. Usually free shipping. Thats why I walked on it.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gfeller2006
Agreed.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like its probably a Probox stealth enclosure, if so, I'd see what there going for, but I'd go with a Probox over a subthump ANY day. Probox is the only company I know of that makes a stealth box and coats it, and it DOES make a difference. Now if somebody tried to replicate that with spray on bedliner, I don't know, but I doubt it. I have Probox's single ported 12 enclosure and that **** SLAMS. Its the best sounding and hardest hitting single 12 I've ever heard.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squee
It sounds like its probably a Probox stealth enclosure, if so, I'd see what there going for, but I'd go with a Probox over a subthump ANY day. Probox is the only company I know of that makes a stealth box and coats it, and it DOES make a difference. Now if somebody tried to replicate that with spray on bedliner, I don't know, but I doubt it. I have Probox's single ported 12 enclosure and that **** SLAMS. Its the best sounding and hardest hitting single 12 I've ever heard.
yeah it very well couldve been a probox, but the place is about an hr away from where i live, and the people are just ********. I actually saw a ported pro box, and the texture was different on the stealth box, so I just didn't want to take the risk. This was more like big chunks of bed liner on the stealth box.