Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wiring aftermarket key fob to stock alarm K/E (01 Z Maro)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010 | 04:37 PM

Default wiring aftermarket key fob to stock alarm K/E (01 Z Maro)

ok...so when i bought my 01 z28 it didnt come with the key fob for keyless entry. so i went and bought one...but then when i was gettin my jack out....i found a lil box that the alarm attaches to. i was wondering if there is a way to just wire my new fob to my stock keyless entry system?
Old 10-12-2010 | 09:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

No, there is no way to make an aftermarket key fob work with the factory alarm/keyless entry system.

If you have a shock sensor in the back then your car has the factory alarm as well as the keyless entry system. Check for option code UA6 on your door sticker to confirm the alarm. You can buy a replacement factor key fob on eBay and program it to match your car.
Old 10-12-2010 | 04:45 PM

ok....so i tried doing the thing where u turn ur ignition 3 times to see if ur car has a factory alarm installed...and nothing happened.....i think the factory alarm was disco'd (crew chief talk...lol) sometime before i bought it.....but when the shock sensor is installed...when i flick it it blinks...lolidk if that means n e thing....but yea...im prolly gunna end up wiring the new keyless entry in...does n e 1 know of n e good sites to give me pretty much like a step by step to install this bad boy.....im terrible with electronics....but i can build the hell out of a motor...lol
Old 10-13-2010 | 07:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

The alarm can not be "disco'd". It is contained in the BCM along with the keyless entry and about a dozen other functions.

I don't know what "turn ignition 3 times" procedure you're talking about. To determine if you have a working alarm:
1) Turn key to RUN position.
2) Turn key to OFF position.
3) Remove the RADIO fuse in the main fuse panel.
4) Turn the key to ACC

You should hear a chime to verify that the system is in the programming mode.
1 chime means you can program Exit Lighting, Delayed Illumination, Last Door Closed Locking and Lock Out.
2 chimes means your car is equipped with the Content Theft-Deterrent System (factory alarm) so you can also program Remote Keyless Entry Verification, Arming Method, Arming Verification, Driver's Door Delay and Shock Sensor Enable.

(please... we're not texting here, you can use fully spelled words rather than ne1 or ur).

Quick Reply: wiring aftermarket key fob to stock alarm K/E (01 Z Maro)