Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems with push button release of trunk??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Does your radio cut out at the same time as the window? If so, the problem is likely a bad solder joint for the RAP circuit in the BCM. There is an easy fix here.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, radio works fine, i ruled the bcm thing out.

I'm stumped...is it normal for the trunk release to work only when door is open?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by mischief
Actually, radio works fine, i ruled the bcm thing out.

I'm stumped...is it normal for the trunk release to work only when door is open?
Your switch is probably just worn out and has noting to do with the door.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont want to revive this thread , but i suppose better than starting a fresh one on the same subject.
I have tested continuity right back to the actual release mechanism of the trunk and its fine, but the switch will not release the trunk. Switch also tested good for continuity.
jumped conectors inside the cable that connects to the switch , mechanism still did not release.
Can the mechanism fail , perhaps there is a solenoid inside? or does it just jam?
any remedies?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1maro
dont want to revive this thread , but i suppose better than starting a fresh one on the same subject.
I have tested continuity right back to the actual release mechanism of the trunk and its fine, but the switch will not release the trunk. Switch also tested good for continuity.
jumped conectors inside the cable that connects to the switch , mechanism still did not release.
Can the mechanism fail , perhaps there is a solenoid inside? or does it just jam?
any remedies?
Yea, there is a solenoid in the release mechanism. If you get power at the connector when you press the button, you may need a new mechanism.

Quick Reply: Problems with push button release of trunk??