Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help

Need a little bit of help here. I am installing a head unit in my car that I bought off a friend of a friend. It's a Alpine 7965 head unit and I'm having some troubles. I bought a dash kit from Best Buy (Metra 99-3300) and then started to do my install but when I was reading the directions it says to place the converted spacer into the housing and slide the DIN cage into the kit and secure by bending the metal locking tabs down. I didn't get either of these parts with my head unit. Am I supposed to have these parts? If so would Best Buy or a local stereo shop carry these? Also does anyone know how much those are going to run? Thanks

Jay
Old 02-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Launching!

if you dont have the cage you will that came with the head unit you will have to go back to the manufactour or you may get lucky and find one on ebay
good luck.as far as price goes no telling.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

You really need the cage. You might get it at your local car audio shops since they are pretty much universal.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys. I found one on ebay.