Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Think my old Loctronics alarm is messing up

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Think my old Loctronics alarm is messing up

Here's a little background on the issue.

Several Fridays ago, the car wouldn't start. I'd get the ding, dash lights, etc. It started like 15 minutes later. A Monday or two later, it did the same thing, but I waited about an hour before it started. My Dad replaced the starter, it wouldn't fire, then we realized the terminal was corroded. We cleaned it and it fired up. The next night after work, I went somewhere, but when I tried to leave, it wouldn't start. This guy and I poked around, made sure the battery cables were on tight, made sure it was getting juice, headlights turn on, etc. One of the 15A starter fuses under the hood wasn't getting power. Well, it still wouldn't start for a while, then after I close the hood, it starts. He thinks the alarm system might be messing up. The aftermarket alarm on the car requires a key card. I think the car is doing the same thing as when the card isn't in there, but I'm not totally sure.
It's this Loctronics that requires the key card. The car didn't start this morning, so I missed class and someone is picking me up for work. When I try to start it, I think I hear a clicking under the hood. If the Loctronics is messing up, would I still hear/get the clicking? I'm thinking about having someone disconnect it this weekend. What do you guys think?

http://www.aboutsecurityconcepts.com...eptical-2T.jpg

http://www.aboutsecurityconcepts.com...acement-2T.jpg

I haven't yet tried my spare key card. Let me see if that doesn't anything.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wouldn't start yesterday after work. After dinner when my dad took me over to the car, I decided to beat the card reader that's mounted on the underside of the dash and it fired up right after that. Does that mean the card reader is bad?

Quick Reply: Think my old Loctronics alarm is messing up