Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

SECURITY/ Alarm going off, after new battery install....

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SECURITY/ Alarm going off, after new battery install....

Had to replace a 2 year old battery because the AMPs dropped from 630 to 136 and were getting worse day by day. I got a Red top 800 AMP Battery in place of the old for only 80 bucks from NAPA. I thought it was a win and now my 2001 Camaro SS started with the security light where it came on and stayed there solid (not blinking). I could wait 2 to 3 mins and it would clear then I could start the car. Finally got the car home tried starting it again for sh*ts and giggles after I turned it off in the driveway. Now, it wasn't reacting to the ignition at all and my alarms was blaring ... horn, lights and all .. had to disconnect the battery. I came back 15 mins later and tried hooking it back up on the positive since I left the negative side connected. Alarm was still going off ..
Even though its winter this is my year rounder and I need this car for work.
So, ...idea's?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and yes, I pulled the damn horn fuse so I can attempt to work on this at 7pm with out p*ssing off the gun toting neighbors here in PA...