Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A little help reusing the original GM harness on a pair of Bazooka 6.5 in DVC subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:44 PM

Default A little help reusing the original GM harness on a pair of Bazooka 6.5 in DVC subs

Hey all,

I am totally stoked! Just received some new subs to replace my POS blown subs in my Firebird. However, I have a quick question. I think I know the answer but hate to blow my new subs b/c I assumed I knew more than I actually do.

The Bazooka's I just got are clearly marked + and - on the posts but my original POS subs aren't marked and when I line up both sets of speakers, the harness seems backward on the 2 sets of subs. So to my question. Do the red wires on the harness got to the + post and black wires to the - post on the subs.

This is the way it seems it should go but I wanna make sure? Like I said the originals aren't marked and line up opposite from this when I compare the setup. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2011 | 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

The factory color codes for the wiring can be found in the Monsoon FAQ. Post number 7 here https://ls1tech.com/forums/7981031-post7.html
Old 01-26-2011 | 07:41 AM
Ungrounded Moderator
20 Year Member

Yes, the red wires go to positive and the black go to negative. But it wouldn't damage anything if you get them backward - it just causes the speaker to out of phase so it won't sound as good.