Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlight Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I figured it was something like that but I thought I'd mention the legalities just in case. You never know what some people will do with their lighting without realizing the trouble it can get them in.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

haha Yeah I understand completely. A lot of people think they can do whatever they want and don't realize the penalties are extreme for impersonating.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your headlight motor control module first or at least plug the new motor in and test before going through the tedious task of replacing the motor, that’s what I did!

Finally fixed my intermittent right headlight door this weekend and of-course always suspected the motor, but nah it was the headlight motor control module which is located in a STUPID *** place right next to the air intake on my LT1!

Also, in a horizontal position to gather any dust it can possibly gather, from the dirty air flow into the filter, they used to be on the firewall in the previous gen, assuming LS1 is the same…

The 2 plugs were sort of gunked up, but I wiped the dirt out and took a look at the circuit board inside, put it back together and plugged it in and it works!!

Get to return the $130 headlight motor now, hopefully no restock fee :-)
Old 08-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE - After the headlight continued to not work, I found that it was actually a cold solder joint on the circuit board for one of the connectors, reflowed the solder to the pin and WHALA!

Quick Reply: Headlight Wiring