Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Disconnect auto head light feature...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took it all down to bare bones and literally did nothing other than fiddle with some stuff...success!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Definitely sounds like something was loose.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
No, some people will tell you to disable auto headlights by unplugging one of the connectors at the DRL module behind the radio. Unfortunately, that connector also has other functions such as the parking brake light. Manual transmission cars (both Camaro and Firebird) won't activate the inside hatch release unless the parking brake is engaged so unplugging the DRL module also disables the hatch release. Shorting the sensor wires together merely makes the system think it's daylight all the time so it disables the auto headlights with no side effects.
That is strange...because all I did was disconnect one of those wires, can't remember which one now (been so long ago) and my hatch release works just fine..weird.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Disconnecting a wire is different from unplugging a seven wire connector. If you unplug connector C2 from the DRL module on a manual transmission car, you will be unable to use the power hatch release with the ignition on.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You might be right...I will check when I go home tonight. I don't remember. I never have to open my hatch with the car running while I'm in the car anyhow but this is an easy thing to do with the way you have suggested, I might just plug mine back in and do it your way.

Quick Reply: Disconnect auto head light feature...