Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

a few audio questions (kee audio please read!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few audio questions (kee audio please read!)

I have a 10" memphis M3 sub that I am wanting to put in a stealth box. Apparently subthump has discontinued their stealth boxes, as I do not see them listed on the site anymore and they have not replied to the email I sent them about it. Looks like my only option now is the box from Kee audio (I don't know enough to make my own box). I was curious about the cubic feet of the box? I want to make sure it's enough for the M3. I would prefer ported but every option I've seen has been sealed.

I was also looking at getting a new amp, since my old one isn't very good and doesn't push much power. I had it powering two of those M3's but I took the box out because it was way too heavy. I have my eye on the Audiopipe APSM-1300 amp from Kee audio. I have not had any experience with audiopipe...are they a good brand? Looking for solid sound quality. The sub I have is 300 watt rms/600 peak running at 2 ohms, dual voice coil. Would that amp be a good match for it? The price seems pretty good.

Also one more thing. I have a stinger dry cell battery in the back that is powering my amps currently. I had it installed because I was pushing a lot more power with my old system (was stolen, long depressing story) but I don't need it anymore. I have a 0 gauge wire running from the front battery to a distribution block, then to the rear battery. Could I just use that distribution block to split the 0 gauge into two maybe 4 gauge wires to go to both my amps? I haven't taken the cover off and looked at it yet so I'm not sure how it's set up.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can help you with is that for a stealth box, a sealed setup is going to be the only way to go. You won't be able to get enough volume in that cubby space for a ported box to work well. All subs have different requirements, but it seems most want ~1.5 cubic feet if ported and there just isn't that much space back there.