Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bazooka 4ohm DVC subs $89.99 pair shipped EVERYDAY! at DD MODS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
Thanks for the help and thanks for bringing a new affordable speaker to the market
Uhh ... Ian at Kee Audio has been bringing them affordably to the market for some years now. Ultra-charitable of you, Ian, to post supportively in this thread. I do appreciate the double DIN bezels and the HU's you're offering, DOUBLEMODS, but trying to undercut a proven and respected sponsor on one of his feature products sucks ...
Old 04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I do appreciate the double DIN bezels and the HU's you're offering, DOUBLEMODS, but trying to undercut a proven and respected sponsor on one of his feature products sucks ...
I don't think he's trying to "undercut" him. He's just trying to make a living, like Ian is as well. I'm sure Ian understands this, it's just business. DOUBLEMODS is advertising his product, and it just happens to be at a lower price. And I think if he is able to sell the subs for this amount, then that's good news for the consumer.

And everyone has to start somewhere; just because DOUBLEMODS is fairly new, doesn't mean he shouldn't sell something that another sponsor is selling.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Uhh ... Ian at Kee Audio has been bringing them affordably to the market for some years now. Ultra-charitable of you, Ian, to post supportively in this thread. I do appreciate the double DIN bezels and the HU's you're offering, DOUBLEMODS, but trying to undercut a proven and respected sponsor on one of his feature products sucks ...
Kee has helped me with speaker choice as well but I have never purchased from him or the OP. Open market economy. Buy from who you feel.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

First I understand Kee has been here for a long time and has a rep with all of you. Its great to know he is taking care of his customers like some vendors do not. You have more issues with lack of communication before and after the sale from many vendors and its glad to know he is one of the good ones.
I personally never respond into another vendors threads on like products I sell.
Its always been a common practice on the others forums I support. Weather its good or bad info its just something I never do and you wont see that from me.

As far as price goes.

I am not trying to undercut anyone. I price products where I NEED to and where I decide to.
I have had dozens of calls from people thanking me for bringing affordable pricing to this forum for audio.

If I happen to have better sources or ways of buying like products others have I decide to pass savings onto you not put into my pockets. This has been what everyone has loved over the years with the way we do business.

I am sorry you feel the way you do and respect your views.

Now that I have hired a full time web designer to put all out new products onto the website you will see many more new items.

Some products carry MAP pricing we can not do anything about. So you wil have to call to get best pricing.

I appreciate your input and its been noted. Just know I operate on my margins, and what it takes to make my business profitable. Each of us as vendors have different operating expenses and have to charge accordingly. We have grown from a shop in my basement as a hobby starting in 2006 to a full 3000 sq ft shop offering full installation as well and now generate millions in sales doing something we love to to in talking cars and making new friends each and everyday. Taking care of you guys takes care of us.

Dennis

Last edited by DOUBLEDMODS; 04-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Both of these vendors bring something different to the table imo. Kee has the stealth boxes and amp racks along with speaker packages for proper fitment, while DoubleD has custome bezels and head unit packages for proper fitment.

They are both valuable vendors for our vehicles that have unique items to offer. Just so happens they both carry a coupe of the same items, no big whoop.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
why thanks for chiming in on our great deal on these.
Hi Dennis,
I was responding to help out the guy who you told they were ok for the doors which may have saved you from a potential return (you edited that post as well). I didn't mean any disrespect or anything derogatory toward you at all. I merely am here to help members just like I have been for the years before I was ever a sponsor on the forums.
Also I see you edited what you originally wrote here which thanked me for clarifying that for you since you were new to this product to what is now posted above. I welcome you to the site and wish you the best and absolutely meant no disrespect or anything even close to that.
In the future I will refrain from helping anyone who posts here or any other thread you start regardless of what info you give them.
All the best,
-Ian Kee
Old 04-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Hi Dennis,
I was responding to help out the guy who you told they were ok for the doors which may have saved you from a potential return (you edited that post as well). I didn't mean any disrespect or anything derogatory toward you at all. I merely am here to help members just like I have been for the years before I was ever a sponsor on the forums.
Also I see you edited what you originally wrote here which thanked me for clarifying that for you since you were new to this product to what is now posted above. I welcome you to the site and wish you the best and absolutely meant no disrespect or anything even close to that.
In the future I will refrain from helping anyone who posts here or any other thread you start regardless of what info you give them.
All the best,
-Ian Kee
NO problem

I edited the reply as I simply for one misread the question. With 5 different forums and at least 200 messages a day in regards for questions i sometimes skim over them

Yes I am learning about the Fbody as I have never owned one being a Corvette guy. I am thinking about buying one just to have as a shop car to mess with.
After some thought I was irritated that another vendor would jump into my thread so I appolgize for my smart *** remark as well.

I happened to want to become a vendor on here simply because I was tired of people overpaying for product I made. I felt it was best to have everyone buy direct for savings.

BEst of luck to you and its nice to know you are taking care of people as well. You dont find that to often from what hear

Dennis
Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Subs arrived today! Subs have great sound with good low tones, especially for this size.

Note to everyone that doesn't know-- These do not fit perfectly in the sails, the screws fit in at angles. You will have to- and I mean have to remove the washers around the stock screws or risk tearing the surround on your speakers.

Since these don't fit perfectly I have some rattle right now, later I will go back out and make sure everything is snug, possibly adding some foam to the back of the subs to stop rattle/fill in any air gaps. If that doesn't do the trick I will make baffles, but I haven't done something like that since I stopped messing with car stereos 10 years ago, lol.

Update: Just went and torque down all the screws, the rattle is reduced dramatically and only from one speaker now, will try some foam padding in a couple days.

Update 2: Noticed that one of my speaker wires was tucked slightly under the speaker frame when mounted. Moved the wire over into the speaker wire slot in the sail panel, retightened screws and rattle is gone. You can call this installer error! My bad, lol.

These sound awesome and are a great deal, shipped really fast and I'm totally happy with them.

if anyone has any secrets for a perfect fit, please post or PM me, thanks!

Last edited by floodofnoise; 04-14-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: updated
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by floodofnoise
Subs arrived today! Subs have great sound with good low tones, especially for this size.

Note to everyone that doesn't know-- These do not fit perfectly in the sails, the screws fit in at angles. You will have to- and I mean have to remove the washers around the stock screws or risk tearing the surround on your speakers.

Since these don't fit perfectly I have some rattle right now, later I will go back out and make sure everything is snug, possibly adding some foam to the back of the subs to stop rattle/fill in any air gaps. If that doesn't do the trick I will make baffles, but I haven't done something like that since I stopped messing with car stereos 10 years ago, lol.

Update: Just went and torque down all the screws, the rattle is reduced dramatically and only from one speaker now, will try some foam padding in a couple days.

These sound awesome and are a great deal, shipped really fast and I'm totally happy with them.

if anyone has any secrets for a perfect fit, please post or PM me, thanks!

Thanks again
Dennis

first 30 sets are gone and 50 more on order

thanks eveyrone

Dennis
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ill be ordering mine tomorrow if these are still available
Old 04-27-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Did you get a different website? the link isn't working for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brigger18
Did you get a different website? the link isn't working for me.
sorry try this one
we are changing entire website yes so we have to go back on eveyr forum and every thread for links and update them. Not going to be fun lol

http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm

I have 2 sets left of them till next order come sin which will be end of May sometime
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Can you get me a pair of 8's in dual 4ohm or single 2 ohm?

Angel
Old 04-29-2011, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

would these work on LT1 camaro's that came with factory bose systems?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Bump!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still available?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by juSStin4171
still available?
yes, he sure does- http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm

ive currently got just 75w RMS pumping thru to mine and im pretty impressed wit the kick they give. def recommend them, especially for the price

Quick Reply: Bazooka 4ohm DVC subs $89.99 pair shipped EVERYDAY! at DD MODS!