Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock Monsoon Radio LOC'd HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Monsoon Radio LOC'd HELP!

So i've done searches, i have the instructions on how to unLOC the radio but they do not work. What happened is my battery died which tripped the security on the radio. I hit the 2&3 button, got the 3 digits, then i hit the AM/FM for the second 3 digits and nothing happens, the radio just goes back to LOC. I've tried everything, held the button down, hit it fast, hit it twice, it always goes back to LOC instead of giving me the next 3 digits that i need. So i called the 1-800 number to try to talk to somebody and i always get hung up on. Soon as i call it says hit 1 for this, hit 2 for that, etc. I start doing following the instructions and it sort of goes blank then says "your time has expired, goodbye". I also took it to the dealer hoping they would just help me out, they want to schedule a service on the car and charge me to enter a 6 digit code. i said screw that! Number one i'd rather spend 100 bucks on a new CD player than pay them to type in 6 digits, Number 2 i'm not leaving my SS at the dealer. Its immaculate and i don't want some kids grubby hands on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

btw these are the instructions i have..
PRESS 2 & 3 ON RADIO FOR THE FISRT NUMBERS
PRESS AM/FM FOR SECOND NUMBER.
THEN CALL 1-800-537-5140 CODE 113006.
PUT CODE THAT THEY GIVE YOU IN WITH HR-MIN BUTTONS
PRESS AM/FM BUTTON AND THEN PUT IT IN AGAIN
Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default Solved!

Hi guys, for the record i just figured it out, i'll post up what i did because maybe it can help somebody else..

I hit the 2&3 buttons and got 242 on the display
then i hit AM/FM and the number was 242 also. I thought this was still the first 3 digits but my 6 digit number was infact 242 242.

So i called the 1-800 number and my dealer code 113006 did not work. I used the code that i found in the Monsoon FAQ which did work. I got the 4 digit code from the 1-800 service and my radio now works again!! Then i turned the anti-theft off so this does not happen again.

Hopefully this can help somebody else one day!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

I tried that today and it didn't work. Keeps saying the dealer #'s are invalid. My battery puked and this is why mine is locked now. Don't know the previous owners code.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, so I can't follow directions. And, I was pushing 2 for Pontiac...duh! All unlocked now. Thanks for posting how to do this. Saved me some bucks at the dealership and it kept the lot kid from taking my car for some hotlaps after servicing.

Quick Reply: Stock Monsoon Radio LOC'd HELP!