Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

hifonics epiccenter... any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hifonics epiccenter... any good?

Just bought me a hifonics epicenter "Hifonics BXIPRO2.0 Car Audio Digital Bass" and I was wondering if its any good. The reason I bought it was to go along with my brutus 2200w hifonics amp. I think the best epicenters are from audio control but I wanna know if the hifonics can compare to the audio control.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of that piece, but the Audiocontrol epicenter is a good bass processor. The shop i worked at used them frequently. Depending what your setup is, it may not be necessary, wont hurt if you have it tho.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hifonics makes good amps, I would trust it. Hell it is almost the exact same housing and if you notice they almost have the same terminals in the same place. Wouldn't be surprised to see that the insides were the same as the Audio Control.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 06-22-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

we have sold a few dozens of them with no complaints.

99.99!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, makes me feel better. Now I can't wait to get it and try it. Now next thing to do now is the big 3.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Personally I wouldn't think you would need it using that amp. That is a solid performing amp on it's own with good adjustment. Try that first and then see if you think you need it. I'll bet you would be happy with it as is.
What subs are you going to hit with that amp? That's alot of real power.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Talked to my sales rep today for Hifonics and Audio Control. They are completely different units and the Audio Control one is a much better unit. I was wrong even though they do look similar, the guts are VERY different according to him.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Damn that sux... well I hope it works some what good. Right now im not running two similar speakers. I have a kicker cvr and a Memphis. Im trying to get hold of another Memphis, im not sure which Memphis it is tho. All I know that its the one before the mojo. And I guess that ima have to go to the pros yo set up my amp. I really don't know how yo adjust it right.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Talked to my sales rep today for Hifonics and Audio Control. They are completely different units and the Audio Control one is a much better unit. I was wrong even though they do look similar, the guts are VERY different according to him.
I do have a question tho? I do also have a probox for a single 12" speaker. Is not made for camaros, its just a rectangular box that sort of fits on the back. Would it be better yo have that instead of the box that's meant for our cars? The box I have in right now seems too small even tho is meant for our car. Or it could be that its a cheap one from the fleamarket and they made it too small. I know that its hard yo say without seeing the actual hardware., ill try to get some pics of the boxes
Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomtomLS1Z28
I do have a question tho? I do also have a probox for a single 12" speaker. Is not made for camaros, its just a rectangular box that sort of fits on the back. Would it be better yo have that instead of the box that's meant for our cars? The box I have in right now seems too small even tho is meant for our car. Or it could be that its a cheap one from the fleamarket and they made it too small. I know that its hard yo say without seeing the actual hardware., ill try to get some pics of the boxes
Get me some pics and I can see what you are talking about so I can help you better.
The boxes made for the F-Bodys are generally ok. The ones I carry I know are solid! Either they are made by Audio Enhancers or I make them. I have a couple I use from Atrend as well and Pro Box that is very good.

Quick Reply: hifonics epiccenter... any good?