Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Door speaker question 4 gen question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Door speaker question 4 gen question

I've added a 12" sub and amp, swapped my door speakers with ED elemental design 6.5s. My HU is a DEHxxxx and system is vastly superior to my stock. The only pitfall is the midbass from the door speakers. They are running off the Monsoon amp. Sounds like I have highs and lows only.
Suggestions?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you have a new HU that likely has a digital crossover going into a Monsoon amp with a built in analog crossover. If you have the HU settings set more restrictive than the unadjustable Monsoon filters, they will take precedence. Make sure the HPF setting on the HU, if you have one, is down to 80-100 Hz or just disable it. What LPF setting are you sending back to your 12"? If you send it freqs over 150 Hz or so it will draw your sound stage backward. Keep the LPF for your sub under 120 Hz.

You also have aftermarket speakers with a different impedance and sensitivity level that needs to be adjusted for. How far do you have your fader tilted forward?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I followed your HPF and LPF settings and Unplugged the rear four stock speakers and sounds much better. Might get aome aftermarket speakers for the rear hatch area. For now the systems sound great.
Doing some research on possibly replacing the monsoon amp.