Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I need help please !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help please !!!

I just got my 02 installed right on the ypipe and then fed the line through my shifter boot into the car, the other end hooks into my a/f gauge. Now here is were i need the help and would greatly appreciate the help. The gauge will obvsiously need power can i take a fuse out of the fuse box thats were you guys know when you open the drivers door there is a small door with some fuses and the rest are under the hood. Can i put the red wire to the end of one fuse and then the ground would go were? Can i even get the power by removing a fuse and then putting the red wire on the fuse and then sliding that fuse back into its slot? I hope im clear and you guys are understanding it.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I just got my 02 installed right on the ypipe and then fed the line through my shifter boot into the car, the other end hooks into my a/f gauge. Now here is were i need the help and would greatly appreciate the help. The gauge will obvsiously need power can i take a fuse out of the fuse box thats were you guys know when you open the drivers door there is a small door with some fuses and the rest are under the hood. Can i put the red wire to the end of one fuse and then the ground would go were? Can i even get the power by removing a fuse and then putting the red wire on the fuse and then sliding that fuse back into its slot? I hope im clear and you guys are understanding it.
I'm not a fan of doing that. The next time you replace the fuse, you're going to have to deal with that. If I were you, I would just solder into the power at the lighter - since you are right there anyways.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Big problems with that my brother did the exact same thing with a a/f gauge and cause everything to go haywire ran horrible surged up and down for about 2 minutes and then die
Took us forever to figure out what was wrong
Old 11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 281 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

DON'T use the cigarette lighter power because it is live all the time.

You should use one of the three ports in the fuse panel that are specifically designed for adding electrical accessories. There is more information in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ce-gauges.html.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone know where to get a pod were i can use it on my steering wheel, basically not on the steering wheel itself but the one that the steering wheel is connected to in between the gauges and the wheel.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
DON'T use the cigarette lighter power because it is live all the time.

You should use one of the three ports in the fuse panel that are specifically designed for adding electrical accessories. There is more information in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ce-gauges.html.
Thanks, i posted a message and see what happens.