Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver window auto-down feature, how do I bypass it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver window auto-down feature, how do I bypass it?

Ive been trimming the fat on my '95 formula here lately. No ABS, cruise, any and all air bag sensors, air pump, etc. I pulled the dash in my car, ditched the HVAC, pass. Air bag, and all the remanding wiring for all the other stuff I ditched.
Now... Everything in the interior and exterior works just fine (head, tail, turn signals, brake lights, horn, steering wheel controls, gauges, etc) EXCEPT the driver window. Passenger works fine, as well as the power locks, and mirrors.
When I push the "down" button for the driver side, I hear the "auto down" box which is under the dash, mounted on the firewall, just *click* once. Window doesn't move, hit the button again and it sounds like the opposite *click* sound, like a relay is opening.

I really don't care to figure out why it's not working at this point, I'd just like to know how I need to wire the switch accordingly, so it can operate just like the passenger side (only moves while you have your finger on the button)

This small issue is holding me up on putting the dash, and remaining interior bAck together.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Launching!

It sounds like you may have removed/unhooked something that was needed for it to work correctly. Sorry cant help you but if you could fix it easy why not?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by strokerrace
It sounds like you may have removed/unhooked something that was needed for it to work correctly. Sorry cant help you but if you could fix it easy why not?
More than anything, I'd just like to ditch the box, and all the redundant wiring that runs from the box to the door, and back. Luxury items like that don't really appeal to me.

If I could keep my "10 speaker" style door panels and put crank windows in the car, I'd just do that, atleast then the windows would roll up and down in the winter months. But, I'd have to swap to the base model door panels, and really don't wanna do that, but it's definitely an option, then I can REALLY ditch some wire.