Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My radio is possessed. Randomly changes bands. Also mirrors and windows not working.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Default My radio is possessed. Randomly changes bands. Also mirrors and windows not working.

I have a 93 Formula and I am reasonably sure it's the stock, non monsoon sound system. It didn't have a head unit when I bought it, but I had an old GM unit out in my garage that hooked right up. Now, it plays fine, sounds great, but for some reason the radio will start jumping through presets and bands all by itself. It will go from FM1, to AM, then to FM2, back to FM1.

Also in my list of bugs is that my power windows don't operate and neither do the mirrors. Checked all fuses, I have power, and I hear something click under the dash when I hit the window, but nothing is happening. Also tried the typical hold down and slam the door trick, but ti didn't help.

Any ideas on where to look for these issues? I know that the BCM can cause radio and window trouble, but I don't see how that could be related to my demonic radio issue.