Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Proximity Sensor... need the pro's input please

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proximity Sensor... need the pro's input please

Okay, so got my new ws6 just got home from deployment and spring is coming up. I live/drive around on a military installation and my job always has me running around the base in a building for 20-30 mins then back out to my car. Ttops are great for the slow pace on base but even though its on base I want to keep people from ******* with the interior of my car. So I bought a cheap ebay proximity radar motion sensor for like 15 bucks. Figured it would be enough to do what I want. Hooked the thing up spent about 15 mins tuning the sensitivity so you walk by car it wont go off but stick your arms near ttops and boom it goes off. Later that night I get my neighbors burning up my phone and banging on my door bitching my car alarm is going off... so I figured **** neighborhood cats going under my car setting damn thing off. So I bypassed the sensor to a hidden toggle switch and I would just turn it on when I leave the vehicle with ttops off.

Well the piece of junk sensor is giving me problems where when I turn it on sometimes it works and sometimes I can open my car door and get in before it detects me, lot of good that **** does (also making me wonder if it went off that night because its just ****) So im looking at either getting the DEI 508D or the Clifford Dual zone proximity sensor to replace this ebay junk.

Any pros out there with these alarms? Granted you probably dont have it tapped into the stock alarm but I'm not up for getting an expensive alarm at the moment. Don't want the same problem I have with this ebay junk sensor. Thanks ahead for the input.

Quick Reply: Proximity Sensor... need the pro's input please