Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ideal Door speaker set up in the TA WS6????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal Door speaker set up in the TA WS6????

So I hvae just purchased a 2001 TA WS6 and the only thing that truly needs to be fixed are the 11 year old speakers that crack really bad. haha

Now I bought this car to be my weekend driver for fun and show so i will be doing a lot to it in the future but as of right now I would like to hear some thoughts on what the best set up would be in your mind for a complete change of ALL speakers.... I need brands and names, I only want the best for my new baby! haha thanks guys.

-Brandon Rogers-
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just bought alpine type r components off amazon. havent installed them yet but havent heard anything bad about them
Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

might want to check with Kee audio, he's a sponsor here, has a great replacement package for the f-bodies, excellent service and fast shipping.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the stereo stuff comes last for me, but ill be buying from kee audio also.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
might want to check with Kee audio, he's a sponsor here, has a great replacement package for the f-bodies, excellent service and fast shipping.
Thanks for the advicee guys, I had no idea about Kee Audio and I will for sure buy from him next week sometime.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM

i just replaced all my speakers with jbl's.. ur front speakers will have two sets of wires, one for the tweeter and one for the woofer. the tweeter is 4 ohms and the woofer is 2. i disconnected the tweeter wire and used just the woofer wires to hook up to the new jbl speakers. they sound amazing and were only $60 on amazon. whatever speaker u go with i suggest a 2 ohm. i tried some pioneer 4 ohms before i knew what i was getting into and they didnt have anywhere near the sound of the jbls
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your really looking for the best of the best, there's no other way to go besides Hertz or Audison (same parent company), Focal is really nice too but only for certain types of music. Their product is so good that there are no authorized online retailers, but there is a dealer locator on elettromedia's web site, just google it. I personally have the Hertz Mille 3 ways, the top of the line for both companies, and theyre absolutely awesome. I've had many crazy systems and the one I have now is by far the best.

The 3 ways are unnecessary unless your an audiophile or just have to have the best, but they'll require some fab work to mount the midrange speaker as well. Otherwise the regular 2 way Mille's are about $750 retail, then a step down is the Audison Voce at $550, then the Hertz High Energy is about $450, and the Hertz Energy is about $300, after that I like the JL audio C3's at $300 then the C2's at $225 are the lowest I go.

As far as amps go I like the Audison Voce 5.1k 5 channel amp, it will run an entire system with more than enough power and is a great value for what you get, is doesn't get much better but it retails at $1500, after that there's no reason to spend more than the Alpine PDX amps, but the Hertz HDP's and JL HDs are nice as well, but for a sub amp you really don't need anything special I like the Alpine MRX amps for inexpensive reliable bass power, but some like to have matching amps.

Now on to subs . There's nothing like a JL for me. Hertz High energy, and mille subs are nice too. I love the JL W7's they hit tighter than anything else I've found while still rattling your brain around really hard. Some say the W7 isn't worth the money over the W6 which is also an unbelievably awesome sub, some say the same as the w6 vs the w3, but that I disagree with that completely even thought the W3 is still a great sub as well. Subthump, google it, has some decent "stealthy" boxes, but you have to be careful when matching them with a sub.

Great sound is achieved through 60% tuning, 30% install, and 10% equipment, nice equipment just makes it easier to get great end results, and of course adds a bit of SQ. All the prices above are retail, any smart shop won't charge you near those prices you just have to make sure you make it clear that you won't buy unless they're willing to deal.

If your just looking to get new speakers and nothing else, you have to make sure you match the new woofer's impedance ( ohms) to what the stockers were. The kee audio package does that and uses CDT brand speakers for the most part and CDT makes a nice product.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Now thats what im talking about, Great information "V8ImpSS" I have a lot to look into and think about. After I get the tags and all switched over I will begin all of the real fun with the car.

Quick Reply: Ideal Door speaker set up in the TA WS6????