Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JBL 608c door speakers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JBL 608c door speakers??

Any body ever use the JBL 608c set of speakers in their fbody doors?? I purchased a set today after having already installed a set of pioneer coaxials that sounded like crap, so i pulled them out in frustration and found the JBL's on line.. The pioneers were 4ohm speakers and had whimpy magnets and didnt handle very much power, plus they were coaxials, so the high end was over kill with the stock tweets runnin.. The JBL's are 2ohm separates and say they will handle more power, so we will see when i get them, just wondering if anyone has used them????
Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which Pioneer speakers were you running before and were they powered by an amp or from the headunit?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:45 PM

i had the same exact problem.. returned the awful pioneers and bought the 608s off of amazon and they sound amazing. just make sure to cap off the tweeter wires in the door and use just the woofer wires ( 2 ohm channel)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Which Pioneer speakers were you running before and were they powered by an amp or from the headunit?
TS something or other? and they were being powered by the monsoon stock amp. just plugged them in place of stock woofers..
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boston ss
i had the same exact problem.. returned the awful pioneers and bought the 608s off of amazon and they sound amazing. just make sure to cap off the tweeter wires in the door and use just the woofer wires ( 2 ohm channel)
I am hoping for the same outcome.. I was going to replace both tweets and woofs with the jbl's and use the existing caps/wiring already there,, or should i use the jbl crossovers and eliminate the existing tweeter caps and run off of the full range woofer wiring thru the new crossovers?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM

i got rid of the tweeter channel and just capped the wires. the woofer channel is a 2 ohm and the speakers sound great. no need to do any fancy work with these speakers
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boston ss
i got rid of the tweeter channel and just capped the wires. the woofer channel is a 2 ohm and the speakers sound great. no need to do any fancy work with these speakers
Boston, think you might have the coaxial JBL's, mine are the Components, so i think im going to use the jbl crossovers and replace both the woofer and tweets and just not use the existing tweeter wiring.. thanks for all the help...

Quick Reply: JBL 608c door speakers??