Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub Box Mounting ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub Box Mounting ideas?

I'm ordering a set of Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X10, and I wana lay them angled back from the rear seat on the rear deck, with an Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-1 amp mounted snug up beside it, I checked the Measurements and it should fit just perfectly. But I'm trying to figure out a good way to securely mount the amp and box to the deck without drilling holes into my deck . My last set up I used some velcro onto the carpet, but it didn't last very long, and my sub box would always end up in the T-Top storage forr some strange reason....... Does anyone have any good ideas? Or better yet, has anyone done something like this before that I just couldn't find in the search?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

Put a sheet of plywood under the carpet there to the measurements you need or close to it. Then put a L shaped bracket at the bottom of the sub box and place it against it and screw it in to the. plywood on the box. Both ends of box
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

How thick should the plywood be? I'm just concerned if it's gonna leave a funny bump or make my carpet fit weird
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

No, I have it under mine, it looks fine. It should be a quarter in thick
Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

I have pictures in my album..you can sorta see the box in my old car.
I had 2(12) clarior xw woofers, facing straight up... the box was about 15 inches deep and the amps were mounted on the sides. I believe the box was 36 inches wide...it filled the back portion over the hump perfectly.
The "locking" mechanism was a brackect that was held in place by the rear seats when the locked into place

You could used mdf board and bolts and it won't go anywhere...trust me..I could rip donuts..and it never budged