Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Gauge cluster and radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
if your taillights are out too, its a fuse. as best as I can recall I blew the radio fuse once and my tails and gauge cluster were out. otherwise maybe a BCM issue? Best of luck figuring it out! Hoping it's a fuse for ya!
Do you happen to remember/know which fuse it could be?
Old 09-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Probably the one labelled GAUGES. The reference to the TAIL LPS fuse only applies to the instrument cluster illumination and has nothing to do with gauge function. So if your gauges work but don't light up it could be the TAIL LPS fuse. If they light up but don't work then it could be the GAUGES fuse. In any case, it would be better to test all the fuses with a fuse tester or multimeter. The fuses are at least 17 years old so any number of them could need replacement. Never rely on a visual inspection... a fuse can look fine but still be blown. A fuse tester is about $5 at any auto parts store and you can get one included in a variety pack of fuses for not much more.

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster and radio not working