Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

installed leds on gauges = gas gauge not functioning correctly.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012 | 04:27 AM
Teching In

Default installed leds on gauges = gas gauge not functioning correctly.

i have a problem.. eversince i did leds on my cluster gauges yesterday, the "empty" side has moved up to half.. so when my gauge says i have a "full" tank i actually have half a tank..

my gauge worked perfectly before this.. the check gauges light would turn on meaning i could only drive 20 or less miles and i actually drove 15 before refilling up again.. i did a scan tool "functions test" on it at awhile ago for ***** and giggles where you could make it go at 10% full and it would go to just about where 10% would on the empty to full gas gauge. 20% and it would climb a little higher, 50% and it would go to half tank area so on and forth..

has anyone else have had this problem? i will start looking for loose connections or other bullshit tomorrow and update on what i find..
Old 04-21-2012 | 04:46 AM
Teching In

Btw.. Every thing is lit up, every other gauge works. Speedo, oil, temp, all warning flashes and such, everything is up to par but gas gauge in the cluster.
Old 04-21-2012 | 05:00 PM
Teching In

nevermind.. fixed it... i mustve knocked it out of place while i was doing the leds.. cause all i had to do was pull the needle all the way off and put it back in where my gas would actually be at.. since i was at empty, i lined it up to e and pushed it in.. then key on engine off, stayed at e.. went to fill up and filled all the way up.. voila!

all talking to myself and ****.. thanks for the reply guys.. hahaha
Old 07-27-2012 | 02:17 PM
On The Tree

My gas gauge has been acting up, it sweeps down to empty then goes back up to 1/4 tank, then may go a bit higher before it settles into the right spot but it shows empty sometimes when there is plenty of fuel. I did a Racetronix kit a couple yrs ago and it worked fine till a few months ago. Any help would be great.