Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No Power at OBD2 Port

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power at OBD2 Port

So I have been searching on here and on google for a few days with no real luck so its time to make a thread.

Couple days ago I cleaned up some wiring, removing unnecessary unused wires from a nitrous kit that was on the car. Didnt remove much, just an unused relay, and some dead end wires. The cig. ligher had a dead end wire comming off of both the power and ground wire. I removed them and reconnected the wires, power to the center post and ground to the outer shell.

After putting it all back together I go to plug my radar detector in and it is not getting any power. This has happened before and after disconnecting and reconnecting the wire it was fine. But this time, still now power. Later on I threw a, I'm guessing p0155 02 heater code, and when I went to plug in my code scanner to clear it, the code reader does not get power either.

I have read that the cig. lighter power or ground or both are also the power and ground to the obd2 so I removed the center consol and started tracing wires but the power and grounds from both cig. lighters dissappear into the wiring harness case and go behind the dash. So the next step is taking out the glovebox and kick panel so I can further trace the wires if nobody can help me..

All fuses are good and everything else is working as it should

So my question is: Where is the ground location for the interior wiring harness? do all these wires go into the bcm?

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Eric
Old 04-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Got the under dash panel and kick panel off. Found a ground behind the passanger kick panel but it is tight and does not appear to have any corrosion or anything that would prevent a good connection. The wire from the ground runs out and disappears into the harness case. I really dont wanna start pulling wires out of the case.. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know the path of the orange power wire?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Here's schematics for ya.

http://cs.chevroletclub.net/graphics...g.diagrams.pdf
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Launching!

I appreciate it man! very helpful!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I know that the OBD-II port should be powered at all times, even when the car is off. It also shouldn't be hard to look up which pin on the port is power, and find the corresponding wire. Although I don't know where the power/ground wires actually run to.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

I can only imagine how many people this thread has helped.. Main problem is usually the cig lighter fuse. But the circuitry schematics provided above are PRICELESS!! Thank you in advance for those. lol

Quick Reply: No Power at OBD2 Port