Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hide the wires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012 | 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Hide the wires?

Anybody got some ideas how I could hide these wires, or atleast tuck them in close to the side? All others are already hidden, but the power wire is 4ga so it wouldn't tuck in under the sill.

Hide the wires?-wires.jpg
Old 04-21-2012 | 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

If you take the plastic trim and seat belt bolt off, you can easily put all those wires under the carpet.
Old 04-22-2012 | 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I thought about that, but I have the wires ran under my seat through the middle console and up through the dash. I'd want it that way no matter what, but I'd have to take out my seat and pull up carpet to do it that way.. Any other ideas?
Old 04-22-2012 | 03:33 AM
On The Tree

I would say to suck up the time spent on it and just put it under the seat or trim, any other way I would think might end up looking Mickey moused. Cleanest way to run it in my opinion is under the seat.
Old 04-22-2012 | 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Currently it's through the firewall opening, along the back wall, down the center console, across that and out under the seat, down the drivers side panel. Everything after what's seen is hidden behind the sail panel and hatch side covers to an amp in the cubby hole.
Old 04-22-2012 | 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

there are only 4 bolts holding the seat in, it takes less than 10 min to remove the seat. Also just trying to figure out how your wires are run from the center console to the side of the car. Does it just run above the carpet in that area?
It doesn't take long to remove the seat to run everything under the carpet, but if you are really against removing the driver's seat, you could just run the wires through the hole in the carpet under the seat (for the wires for the power controls for the seat) and then to the edge of the car. you should be able to do that with just removing the trim piece and seat belt bolt I mentioned previously).
Old 04-22-2012 | 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, thats how i have mine run, just under the carpet.. doesn't take any time to take the seat out, just be careful putting it back in, dont wanna scratch anything on accident.
Old 04-23-2012 | 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Right now its ran down the passenger side middle console, and across that by the air bag sensor, it comes out from there right in front of the selt belt latch, under the seat but above the carpet. For some reason I thought it was a PITA to remove the seat, but if it's really not that hard then I'll probably do it. It was that plus annoying trying to tuck a 2ga wire under the sail panel.

Now that I've thought about it, idk why I haven't already done it, I hate when this crap looks tacky. I typically wouldn't have let it slide as long as I have.

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Hide the wires?