Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom tv mounted(pic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004 | 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Custom tv mounted(pic)

Well here it is what do you think
Attached Thumbnails Custom tv mounted(pic)-screen.jpg  
Old 03-29-2004 | 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could you get some light in the pic so I could see please?
Old 03-29-2004 | 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks good. Great job.
Old 03-29-2004 | 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know how to resize the image. in the lower hole, where the temperature controls were, i'm going to put a 7" flip out tv for quick audio adjustments. in the air vents i'm going to put my center channel for 5.1 DTS, as well as the remote eye for the 6 disc dvd player.
Old 03-29-2004 | 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am actually in the same process, i have made the fiberglass mold for the screen, and i am waiting for the deck, just one question, wehre do you plan on putting the heater contorls? i was thinking in the glove box, but that may be a hassle, do you have any ideas??

looks good though
jimmy
Old 03-29-2004 | 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I isn't that hard to but them in the glove box, but I don't have a/c and am simplfing the whole car right now I am removing every wire I don't need. I cut out a ton of wires aready All I need is positive and ground and switch 12, so just switch 12 need to be ran under the driver seat as 12 and ground are there from power seats and the sparco's have lots of room under them!

No back seats it is all fiberglass sub on the driver side and amps on passenger! but that is far from done!
Old 03-29-2004 | 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks awesome, did you use fiberglass?

Can't wait to see it in the car. Great work man.
Old 03-29-2004 | 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah fiberglass! I also have fiberglass passenger airbag with 3 auto meter gauges Boost,1Nos press,2Nos press. Fiberglass top center console with fuel press. gauge where the ash tray was and the glove box was alumium plate in the back with some electrical control boxes on it!
Old 03-30-2004 | 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

no, i meant that it would be a hassle to reach the controls, not hard to do

jimmy
Old 03-30-2004 | 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
yeah fiberglass! I also have fiberglass passenger airbag with 3 auto meter gauges Boost,1Nos press,2Nos press. Fiberglass top center console with fuel press. gauge where the ash tray was and the glove box was alumium plate in the back with some electrical control boxes on it!
Any pictures of all that... sounds badass
Old 03-30-2004 | 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmy 2 Times
no, i meant that it would be a hassle to reach the controls, not hard to do

jimmy
Oh yeah I tought about the center console but that is much hard with the vac. lines. I would like to replace the controls with just some nice switchs for the center console! Or go to a replacment defrost and heat unit( small and clean).
Old 03-30-2004 | 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
Any pictures of all that... sounds badass
The car is at the speed shop getting motor work so no pics I do have the center console but I don't know how to srink the image to attach it!
Old 03-30-2004 | 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I redused the sixe but lost a lot of pic quality but here you go!
I don't like the switch setup anymore so I am going to flush mount it before it goes to paint, And I now it needs more sanding But I let the paint go the that I just get it chose!
Attached Thumbnails Custom tv mounted(pic)-picture-045.jpg   Custom tv mounted(pic)-picture-046.jpg  
Old 03-31-2004 | 01:22 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

Wow man that looks good. What fiberglass products did you use and can you give me quick instructions on how to do it?
Old 03-31-2004 | 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

well I made a ABS plastic suround that fit the out side of the screen the hot glued it to the stock trim the fiberglassed it in! It is so easy realy! The gauges in the airbag was a little harder and the fiberglass rear seat area with amps and sub was almostimposible there is No flat area all hand sanded and goes from side to side and half way up the back seat area! Still need to finnish that!

The idea is simple fiberglass then mating ( repeat tell it is strong make wood from to mount to the mold of the floor and fiberglass wood on then stretch fabric over the wood frame(or mounts for sub/amp) to make the angles then fiberglass that. That is how the seat area and airbag setup was. The tv screen and center console is fiberglass. Fiberglass-mix, brush on, sand,over and over tell done!

PS: I made two of these the prototype was A prototype 8" picture in picture and split screen tv for Pioneer electronics but was not used in the end do to Pioneer's not releasing the tv in usa do to some USA laws! And the plastic around the screen was removed and molded right to the camaro trim. Much nicer but oh well! Sorry can't show pics of that. But I will have pics of electronics ever seen in the states and a later time!