Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

single sub box, camaro question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single sub box, camaro question

Where can I get a good sub box, which can put out clean and hard hitting bass. That will fit the camaro and not look bad. It has to be a single sub. I do not want more than one because of cost and weight. I cannot find one. I currently have setup, but the kicker is being chocked by the box. Some1 with some f-body expertize would be nice. I would like to get ported box, but beggars cant be choosers. So a sub box at least being able to handle the sub, would be good. By the way specs: 10in kicker cvr 400rms, amp is rated to 378rms and is turned down half way because of the box. I am going to up to an RE, have someone willing to pay good money for my combo. So I going to up it, but just need to find a good box. Sorry about the drag-out on this.

This is also the box I currently have (non-sponsor link removed)

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 06-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

There is five threads on the front page about stealth boxes. The one from DoubleD Mods is really nice and only $69.99 delivered
Old 06-07-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the box from Double D Mods. It's a nice box. Just make sure the sub you're getting doesn't have too big of a magnet to fit in the box. I know Dennis had ordered an RE sub to test fit in the boxes so I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets it and let us know if it fits. I got a TC Sounds Epic 10 and it fits with a 3/4" spacer. I'm happy with it.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Launching!

he said he wanted a ported box. You're gonna have to build one yourself or have one built for whatever sub you are going to use and what you want it tuned to based on what you plan to do with it i.e. daily use, competition etc.

Quick Reply: single sub box, camaro question