Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio Alive???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of all the modifications and working with different vendors on my car, Kee Audio is top two on my list for customer service. When the speakers I bought to replace the passenger speakers didn't fit (were too small), I was blown away when he sent me free replacements without me even knowing! He even told me to keep the wrong set he originally sent and to use them to replace my door speakers.

If I could shake his hand through the internet, thats what I would do.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ian, it is really good to hear from you on the forum again. Sorry that some people have given you a bad taste in your mouth to leave this forum. I personally really enjoyed your advice, you are a smart and hard working guy and anyone who doesn't understand that is just ignorant. Hope one day you might come back with all your audio knowledge.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 AM
On The Tree

Me and Ian had emailed a whole
bunch back and forth about a stereo for my ws6 and one of my z06's. Then all of the sudden, nothing. A few weeks later I even drove down to Atlanta and was wanting to hear the set-up he was trying to sell me. I called and emailed and never heard anything for the few days I was in town. I also haven't heard a single thing since. That was over a year ago.

It's a shame since that was two set-ups that he lost the sale on. Plus I'm getting a set-up for my new z06 and I just bought some new subs/amps last night for my jeep.

I'm not mad at him for working or taking care of his family, but he must not want new customers, shame, I think I would have liked dealing with him.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

I also wanted to add that Ian was very helpful until the communication stopped. I had asked about some of the problems I had with factory stereos in the Mercedes and I think in the range rover too, he didn't have any compatible replacement components but he did find something that would work on eBay and obviously spent some of his own time finding out some information for me, even though I wouldn't be buying anything for those cars from him. Can't beat that kind of customer service
Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

let me add i have had great service from kee......and would not hesitate to use him again
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM

It probably isn't worth much since I'm a noob here, but I have read great things about kee audio all over the Internet. I will be ordering my speakers this week! I just want a nice sounding stereo with the stock look. I'm not sixteen so I don't need some crazy comp stereo anymore.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

fwiw, no complaints here, answered my questions quickly and delivered everything quickly without any issues.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered a speaker package and head unit from Ian last Friday. He was very helpful, and gave me a GREAT deal. He's usually pretty quick about responding to emails, too. I wouldn't bother calling, though.

I'm hoping my speakers and head unit show up today, so I can get my jam on this weekend.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So, just an update... I recieved my speaker package yesterday, and the head unit and mounting hardware this morning. After two days and no less than 3/4 tank of gas spent driving all over creation picking up little things (lost a speed nut, three different home depot's before I could find quickroof, self tapping screws, ect, ect), and I have everything in. OH MY GAWD. CDT is some seriously high class stuff, and the head unit Ian hooked me up with is the business.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Ian and the product are worth the wait. Bought from him in June.....great product and even better price. WAIT FOR HIM
Old 08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Teching In

So, after all of the hoopla, where do I go to replace the originals with equivalents, without changing amp/receiver?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kee, his systems are direct speaker replacements.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio Alive???