Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

cover to hide amps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cover to hide amps?

My amps are mounted right behind the back seat where a deck mat would go- I know at one time i saw a company that made a "rack" that was made to go over amps mounted here. I looked and can not find it anywhere- anyone have a link to a company that makes something like this? If not i guess i will have to make one myself. I dont like to see the amps, and want the cover to be wrapped in the same material as my new seats.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Launching!

ok well i found the old thread- 6litereater made it but i guess they dont sell it anymore
Old 07-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine like this

it currently hides all this. Excuse the mess Im swapping a few things out.

You cant see anything and it looks stock unless you are right up looking in the glass and know that it isn't stock camaro carpet covering it. I live in the " hood" and my stuff has bee like that for years. My neighbors have had stereos stolen and even my wife's stereo got stolen but my cars never been messed with.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Yeah that looks really nice- Im half way done with mine now- I made the cover out of wood (sturdy enough incase i need to set something on it), and now im waiting for the material to be embroidered. Im having it 2 tone in color leather and black cloth to semi match my seats. Heres a progress pic Hopefully it turns out as nice as in my head lol
Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Teching In

thats how mine kinda looks except for i only had one amp and one twelve inch so i threw the sub in the cubby hole and made a deck similar to your and mounted my amp upside down so you cant see it but allows air to circulate
Old 08-11-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

where did you get the ported box