Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new h.u, now alarm goes off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new h.u, now alarm goes off...

well, i put in a new headunit last weekend... now i noticed when i lock the doors with the key fob, after a few seconds it sets off the alarm. ill hit the unlock button, the alarm shuts off, then when i relock with the remote, the alarm goes off after about ten seconds.... its really pissing me off what can i do to fix it?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

It probably has nothing to do with the radio unless you have an aftermarket alarm that was somehow wired to the radio.

The culprit is most-likely the shock sensor on the passenger side rear wheel well. Remove the panel that hides the spare tire and you'll see a black plastic box about the size of a deck of cards sitting on the wheel well. Unplug it and see if the problem stops. If the problem stops, the shock sensor might be faulty or the wiring to it. Sometimes water gets inside it and causes problems.

Here is the image from my car in the Monsoon FAQ:

Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, that seems to work... ill just leave it alone then. thanks for the heads up!

i tried adjusting the sensitivity but it didnt do anything, but once unplugged, the problem went away
Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You can replace it with another sensor if you want to keep that feature.