Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New system, had 2 start with the sound deadening

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its looking awesome, seems that you spent a lot of bucks on it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Daniel Richards;16777672]I just picked up my first roll of the same 6"x25' peal-n-seal, gonna do mine in steps, as I have to keep it a daily driver for work. when you say you did the inside of the door, what do you mean, do you have pics? Also should I invest in a dynamat 2" rubber roller or is there a cheaper alternative?[/QUOTE

Sorry for the late response. No i dont have any pics but when i say inside i mean where you can reach behind clear plastic and put i on the inside of the outside door skin or shell, if that makes sense. I used no roller.... Used my hands an they hurt like hell for two day's.....lol. If your doing alittle at a time start at the back...you will notice the most results from there. When it starts to suck, remember "it's sooo worth it" and good luck.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by csess
Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I just picked up my first roll of the same 6"x25' peal-n-seal, gonna do mine in steps, as I have to keep it a daily driver for work. when you say you did the inside of the door, what do you mean, do you have pics? Also should I invest in a dynamat 2" rubber roller or is there a cheaper alternative?

Sorry for the late response. No i dont have any pics but when i say inside i mean where you can reach behind clear plastic and put i on the inside of the outside door skin or shell, if that makes sense. I used no roller.... Used my hands an they hurt like hell for two day's.....lol. If your doing alittle at a time start at the back...you will notice the most results from there. When it starts to suck, remember "it's sooo worth it" and good luck.
I ended up seeing some videos on youtube so I know what you mean about the inside of the outside, did you wrap around the "impact" beam? So doing it a little at a time I should start in the back of the car around the t-top holders? I'm gonna try and use a roll of duck tape as a makeshift roller, but we dropped down into the 50's this week so i'm gonna wait till it warms up this weekend to take a first pass.

Quick Reply: New system, had 2 start with the sound deadening