Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

iPhone 5 Alpha Nav info for those who purchased our Alpha Nav

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 5 Alpha Nav info for those who purchased our Alpha Nav

Sent to me today from Alpha Nav
Just sharing for you guys who have purchased this radio

Dennis

Wanted to give you some preliminary information on the iPhone 5 and interfacing with Alpha-Nav products. There is some good news, so let’s get to it.

Let’s start with the AN5650NV. Because this unit uses USB to control and interface with iPods/iPhones, it will interface with the iPhone 5. You do not need the Lightning to 30 pin adapter, you just plug in the Lightning cable to the iPhone 5 and the USB connector on the Lightning cable to the USB on the AN5650NV and you will get:
· Full audio control of the iPhone 5 (play, pause, stop, track up/down)
· Ability to select Artist, Song, Playlist etc, just like a standard iPod/iPhone
· Displays song title and artist information
· Displays Album Art
So it works with the AN5650NV just like the rest of the iPhone/iPods on the market, and doesn’t require the Lightning to 30 pin adapter….GREAT news! Unfortunately, the Lightning connector does not feed video signals in an analog mode, so for now, no video, only audio. Rumor has it that someone is at work designing an adapter that will give a video output, but time will tell if it will work. The no video output affects every one else’s product, so we are not alone.

As to Bluetooth functions, works just like any other Bluetooth phone, will do hands free phone audio and A2DP streaming audio for those who want to listen to Pandora and I Heart Radio through streaming audio.

The AN5700NV does not use USB to control the iPhone/iPod, instead it has a dedicated iPod cable and separate control circuits, therefore, the Lightning cable with its USB connector won’t work without the 30 pin adapter. The adapter won’t be available until mid-October, so we will let you know what our findings are at that time. As far as Bluetooth, all is good. The iPhone 5 will work with both headset audio for hands-free calling, as well as A2DP streaming audio on the AN5700NV.

Well, there you have it…good news for the AN5650NV interfacing with the iPhone 5.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about the dnx 6990 hd for the iPhone 5 for Bluetooth
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 ss
what about the dnx 6990 hd for the iphone 5 for bluetooth

kenwood info coming shortly
i will be on a kenwood trip in 10 days and will be with all the guys from kenwood. We will be informed of upgrades ect at this time
Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Dennis couse that's why I did not get the i5 yet because of that let us know

Quick Reply: iPhone 5 Alpha Nav info for those who purchased our Alpha Nav