Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help with Speaker Wire Hook up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Speaker Wire Hook up.

I have a 2002 Pontiac Firebird running with stock HU and stock Amp. I have put Kicker 6.5 sub in back seat and Hyphonics speakers and Hyphonics tweeters in the front. I have run a crossover for the front speakers throu the amp in the back. After 2 days my tweeters are blowed. What did I go wrong? Was I supposed to leave the stock crossover from the tweeters, cuz I have cut it and just run the wires. I know that the tweeters are not run throu the amp thats why I have just the crossover in the front speakers. Please need some help.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your tweeters blew, you probably were either overdriving them with too much power or accidently sent them low frequencies that made them overheat. Without more information on the installation and equipment used, all we can do is speculate.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:34 AM

Accually, what is just realized is that it wasnt a crossover on the stock tweeters but a bass-blocker. So I think I just need to get ANOTHER tweeters and a set of bass-blocker. What do yall think?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

That would solve the issue if what you cut was the low frequency block. Make sure the head unit is set up correctly also, there are usually settings to indicate which speakers are subs and which aren't on modern HUs.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Speaker Wire Hook up.