Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bazooka subs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Bazooka subs

My original driver's side AC Delco sub just blew. I want to replace with something with a little more "umph", since the Delco's just don't hit very hard. How are the Bazooka subs vs the CDTs? I like my AC/DC at full volume...

Also, does anyone have some Bazooka/CDT subs they would like to sell me?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Bazooka in stock ready to ship for 89.99 a pair
http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
I have the Bazooka in stock ready to ship for 89.99 a pair
http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm
Can you give me a very quick comparison of the Bazooka vs CDTs? Specifically comparison of clarity, volume, and pound. Both work perfectly with my stock Monsoon amp, correct?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id run the CDT's

Bazooka isnt exactly quality stuff..
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Bazooka is not as good quality wise but an inexpensive option for those who want an improvement or replacement. I can not give a fair comparison on a product we do not offer in respect to that brand your wanting a comparison to.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
id run the CDT's

Bazooka isnt exactly quality stuff..
Yeah, my brother bought one of their bass tubes back in the day and it blew in a matter of weeks. But that was just one product and for $90 a pair vs $160 for the CDT it is enticing. I just want to know that the Bazookas sound good and will last long enough to be worthwhile.

DoubleDMods, do yours come with any warranty? And how do I order from you if I choose that route?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

my buddy has the CDT's in his 02 (granted with an amp) and it sounds like he has a 10" in a stealth box
Old 11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Launching!

my buddy has the CDT's in his 02 (granted with an amp) and it sounds like he has a 10" in a stealth box
Dang man, I was just about sold on the Bazooka's... Thanks for the info, that is the kind of feedback I was looking for.
I have the Monsoon system (I think the 99's came with the 250 watt amp?), so these will have some power to them.

I'll hold out until the weekend to see if I get any more feedback here, and then make a choice.

Last edited by big_g; 11-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by big_g
Dang man, I was just about sold on the Bazooka's... Thanks for the info, that is the kind of feedback I was looking for.
I have the Monsoon system (I think the 99's came with the 250 watt amp?), so these will have some power to them.

I'll hold out until the weekend to see if I get any more feedback here, and then make a choice.
It may be the feedback you are looking for, but its total BS. The only thing that puts out bass like a 10" is a... 10". It's a simple matter of physics. (Otherwise, we'd all be driving around with 4" subwoofers.) The reality is that a wet noodle would sound better than the stock speakers and both CDT and Bazooka owners (after having the stock speakers) will tell you that their speakers are God's gift to sound.

The only feedback you can really use for a sound comparison is from someone who has installed both and listened to them on the same equipment. I recall that Kee Audio has done this with the Bazooka/CDT and gave the verdict that they are really close to each other on sound.

If you want to decide between the two, you should probably focus on factors you can discriminate on like availability, quality, price, and ease of install.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99
It may be the feedback you are looking for, but its total BS. The only thing that puts out bass like a 10" is a... 10". It's a simple matter of physics. (Otherwise, we'd all be driving around with 4" subwoofers.) The reality is that a wet noodle would sound better than the stock speakers and both CDT and Bazooka owners (after having the stock speakers) will tell you that their speakers are God's gift to sound.

The only feedback you can really use for a sound comparison is from someone who has installed both and listened to them on the same equipment. I recall that Kee Audio has done this with the Bazooka/CDT and gave the verdict that they are really close to each other on sound.
If you want to decide between the two, you should probably focus on factors you can discriminate on like availability, quality, price, and ease of install.
All valid points, thanks. I think the 10" compairison was probably meant as more of an lofty comparison to drive home the point. But I know what you are saying, and I wasn't expecting these to pound like the 12" in my Camaro, just something more than the stock (which is basically nothing). I may go with the CDTs just for reliability/quality's sake, since I'm not going to replace them until they blow again. What's $60 more in the long run, you know?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a set of Bazookas that were installed for about five minutes a couple months ago. I decided to get a real set of subs and got two 12s. I will let them go for cheap shoot me a pm.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
I have a set of Bazookas that were installed for about five minutes a couple months ago. I decided to get a real set of subs and got two 12s. I will let them go for cheap shoot me a pm.
Totally want them! Sent you a PM.

Last edited by big_g; 11-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

not trying to stir somthing up but with subs SIZE DOSNT MEAN S**t... when i built my old system i set out to prove a point... i have a SINGLE 8" sub that hits harder and deeper than my buddies pair of 15" l7's its all in the quality, amp, and box... and a Digital Designs 1508 tunes to 42htz in the hatch of an Fbody is more bass than anyone would ever need. and a pair of 6" subs in the sails dynomatted in an Fbody hit and sound like a basic 10" sealthbox setup...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Launching!

not trying to stir somthing up but with subs SIZE DOSNT MEAN S**t... when i built my old system i set out to prove a point... i have a SINGLE 8" sub that hits harder and deeper than my buddies pair of 15" l7's its all in the quality, amp, and box... and a Digital Designs 1508 tunes to 42htz in the hatch of an Fbody is more bass than anyone would ever need. and a pair of 6" subs in the sails dynomatted in an Fbody hit and sound like a basic 10" sealthbox setup...
Sure, size isn't all that matters...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
How much would you take for them?

Im new at this. Trying to figure out how it works.I'm interested in those bazookas. My email address is kevinfalls76@yahoo.com

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 11-09-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by outsider
Dude... Weak.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

agreed...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by outsider

Im new at this. Trying to figure out how it works.I'm interested in those bazookas. My email address is kevinfalls76@yahoo.com
You may be new at audio systems but you've been on LS1Tech for several years and should realize that common courtesy would be not to make your first post an attempt to undercut another member's purchase opportunity.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Interesting theory - unfortunately it has nothing to do with reality. When talking about subs, size is one of the most critical factors in performance. Others include sensitivity (efficiency), cone material, suspension material, Xmax, Xmech, power handling, etc. But it's a matter of physics... subs have to move a large volume of air to be effective and a small cone just can't do that like a larger cone (all else being equal). Sure, you can compare an off-the-shelf large sub with a highly tuned smaller sub setup and try to "prove" that size doesn't matter but that doesn't make it true. I would never use a pair of 15" subs for anything short of a theater - certainly not in a car - they're just not capable of the tight bass I prefer to hear.

Generally, larger subwoofers are better at producing lower frequencies but give up "punch" because the larger cone can't react as quickly as a smaller one. There is no one sub size that is best - it depends on the music type, enclosure/mounting location, individual sub (and amp) specs and of course listener preference.

It is generally accepted that 8" is the minimum size of a true subwoofer - our 6.5" sail panel "subs" are actually mid-bass speakers. They may be punchy and provide fairly nice bass response but they can't reach the low frequencies of a true sub. That's fine for many people (myself included) but you won't get the kind of bass that you feel more than hear without going to larger subs.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

The biggest difference between the Bazookas and the CDT subs is sound quality and ease of installation.
The bass they put out is clear,clean and tight with definition. The Bazooka subs work fine but are a typical lower end sub that makes bass, just not with much clarity.
The CDT subs are capable of more out put as well if you increase the power going to them. They do just fine on stock power though.
The technology in smaller subs has come along though. There were several changes we did to make the HD-6M a viable subwoofer as opposed to a midbass. Your still limited to 6.5" of surface area though. I have to admit though I am impressed with them as far as output and that says alot because I am very picky. I love putting them in a customers car and sit back and listen to them. They get a big smile on their face.

Quick Reply: Bazooka subs