Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

question on trans am speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question on trans am speakers

ok guys i have a 99 trans am.... when i bought the car there was already an aftermarket flip out head unit but the guy i bought it from said there was also bazuka subs in it.... there are no visable sub box so i am assuming it is either in the hatch area speaker panels or the rear seat area?....

where are the subs and furthermore what size are the speakers that arent the subs as i have to replace the,... i would go and check right now by just listening but it is snowing and freezing lol

thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure he is talking about the 6.5" dvc subs in the sail panel area, in the rear seating area. Just installed mine today. The Bazooka subs are a common upgrade from the stockers.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blu99T/A
I am sure he is talking about the 6.5" dvc subs in the sail panel area, in the rear seating area. Just installed mine today. The Bazooka subs are a common upgrade from the stockers.

So the regular speakers would be the ones in the actual hatch itself? The oval looking ones? What size are these speakers?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are components in the hatch area. There is a 4" (i think) speaker and then a sweeter under each speaker grille, for a total of 4 speakers in the hatch area. 10 speakers in all. (2 in each door, 2 subs in the sail panels, and 2 on each side in the hatch).
Old 12-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Can you fit 6.5 s in the rear hatch?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gotgrowth
Can you fit 6.5 s in the rear hatch?
Not without some plastic butchery. I think a 6x4 might fit, but why would you want put something that big in a rear fill position that could overwhelm or compete with the main channels in your doors? If you want to replace or upgrade them, I'd recommend getting a 4" two way or a 4" component set.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section for lots of information about your audio system (including the sizes and types of all speakers).

Quick Reply: question on trans am speakers