Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dissconnected wires hanging under kick panel. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissconnected wires hanging under kick panel. Please Help!

Well after finally getting my car to run correctly, I have decided to tackle some of the little things that have been bothering me. Right now, I'm focusing on the instrument cluster, mainly my Security light and my gas gauge. When i bought the car, it had an aftermarket Excalibur security system installed. I would love to get my hands on the person that installed it because they spliced in the connections without a care in the world. The poor wiring shorted out the window motors right after I got the car so i did away with the whole thing. I tried to clean up the wires the best I could, but I could only do so much. First off is my gas gauge. My gas gauge is always all the way past full and it tends to fluctuate as I run out of gas. This mainly tells me that the gas float is bobbing around inside the tank, but just to be sure, I wanted to see if these disconnected wires had anything to do with it. My security light began flashing one day and it disabled the ignition. After messing around with the wires, the light stayed on but my ignition was enabled again so i didnt really care. The light has been on for about two years now. I have three connections under the steering wheel that i was wondering about.

The first is the Red 3-pinned connecter with the purple, red, and green wires coming off it. It was plugged into nowhere.

The second is the broken purple wire. This wire also goes to nowhere but it comes off of the same bundle of wires as the Red 3-pinned connecter.

The third is the white two-pinned plug connecter with the gray and black wires coming off of it. This was also just hanging around.

If anyone knows where any of these wires go, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Dissconnected wires hanging under kick panel. Please Help!-imag0972.jpg   Dissconnected wires hanging under kick panel. Please Help!-imag0974.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are those purple, red, and green wires connected together? As in, not separated?
I'm too lazy to remove my kick panel, plus its raining so im not entirely sure... but I've never seen any factory f-body wiring in my car that isn't separated.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Teching In

actually yes they are connected together. could this have been part of the security system?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very well could have been, I imagine if it was an aftermarket security system it would've been connected to the ignition one way or another. I tried googling some things, didn't find anything too relevant.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looking at your red conector that looks aftermarket, trace the wires to the best of your ability, it almost looks like an antena wire for the alarm system, if this rain lets up tomorrow i will remove my kick pannel when i go to run my kicker bass *** and get back on here. but im about 90% sure that is not factory

EDIT: yeah brotha that is an after market wire. What I would do is remove the majority of your interior trim panels and wind where she goes, only thing I could think of is a hood pop sensor, or a antenna. Keep me posted on this I'm very corious!

Last edited by Mista Blazer; 01-13-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Dissconnected wires hanging under kick panel. Please Help!