Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din head units--which one????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Double Din head units--which one????

Looking at changing out my radio (alpine cda-d855-no not selling it, it broke lol) and i am looking at putting in a double din radio (yes i know about what it takes to put one in).
I have no idea which ones are good or features i should look for. Yes i'm sticking with name brand (alpine,kenwood etc) and looking at the ones with a full front screen 7". Here is really what im looking to do, i would like to connect my phone (sam galaxy s4) to it and be able to display movies on the screen, can that be done?? Or if i watch something on youtube can i display it on the screen? That is the main thing im looking for in the head unit though someone may mention other features that i haven't thought about. I know a lot have a nav function, don't need it, i know some have 4 volt pre amp outputs which is nice, and i see most only have rca input for say a back up cam/game system. Do any of them have an hdmi input?

Quick Reply: Double Din head units--which one????