Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker connector

Im electronic ignorant so please bare with me here. Most aftermarket speakers i have seen have two connections for wires. When i took the speakers out of my 01 WS6 it had an odd connector with four inputs. Can I find aftermarket speakers with this hook up or do i have to cut and splice them together?? Another question.. Where do you guys get the illuminated Trans Am radio bezel??? Any good sites that have speakers specifically for our cars?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

The stickies here are your friend - particularly in this case. You'll want to read up on those before going any further.

That sail panel speaker is a little uncommon. It has dual coils inside, so the connector services two sets of connections to the speaker. This thread and post #24 will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about that connector: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ll-w-pics.html

You will soon gather that you have limited options for a plug-n-play replacement, which is true. If you want to keep the connector, the path of least resistance is to de-solder it from your old speakers and attach it to the new. (You don't really need it - they are just there for ease of assembling the car in the factory.)

Our site sponsors offer a number of options to replace the speakers and I trust that you will find that they are, by far, your best option here. (Those speakers are a common Achilles heel of the system and the stock speakers blow faster than <insert your favorite hooker analogy here>.)
Old 01-15-2014, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

humount makes the trans am bezel. and to hook up my speakers i just used female connecters from autozone.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!! Thanks for the info guys

Quick Reply: Speaker connector