Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker locations and replacemnt

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker locations and replacemnt

I have a 98 trans am with monsoon system. i replaced the head unit, front driver and passanger speakers and rear driver and passenger speaker. i know thiers the two small speakers in the trunk but is that all the speakers? can someone lsit the locations of every speaker in a monsoon set up? also whats the size of the speakers because i wish to replace them all.
Is it worth repalcing the monsoon amp if im changing all the speakers and head unit? also if so then whats a great amp that with drive my speakers beutifully and give plenty of power for maybe a future sub?
Old 05-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew1
I have a 98 trans am with monsoon system. i replaced the head unit, front driver and passanger speakers and rear driver and passenger speaker. i know thiers the two small speakers in the trunk but is that all the speakers? can someone lsit the locations of every speaker in a monsoon set up? also whats the size of the speakers because i wish to replace them all.
Is it worth repalcing the monsoon amp if im changing all the speakers and head unit? also if so then whats a great amp that with drive my speakers beutifully and give plenty of power for maybe a future sub?

you listed all the speakers, disregard the small ones in the trunk, they are worthless to replace
if you change the speakers you have to replace the amp,

I'm not an expert, but I like Alpine amps, I'm sure one of these audophile guys can point you in the right direction for a good model.