Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kenwood CD deck

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:06 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Kenwood CD deck

The stock sterio was only working on AM, as well as the CD player stopped working in my 02 SS. I went to buy a pioneer deck since that's what I usually get but when I cantually looked and saw it was 14 rms, then alpine was 18, in the end kenwood was 22. So I said why not. Factory speakers are sounding great with the kenwood and I'm pretty sure that's what I'll stick with from now on.

Not sure what you guys use but they were all max 50x4. I'm pleased and it did seem to look better than the other two offering for a cheap deck under 150$.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer are the 3 I use on a regular basis and I just started carrying a few radios from Nakamichi that are pretty good. Kenwood and JVC have always been my go to radios with Pioneer following very closely.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any particular model that you guys like?
I want something that blutooths my pandora and sirius radio from my android samsung s5 smart phone.

edit - noobie in this stuff and checking out your web site now...

Last edited by 2MCHPWR; 03-18-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can get you a really nice Kenwood or JVC unit with bluetooth, variable illumination to match your interior lighting, high volt preamp outs if you want to expand later, on baord sub controls...again if you want to add to it later, Pandora controls, iHeart radio controls, etc. All with installation gear to put it in like a pro for under $150.00
I do these all the time. They work great and are a vast improvement to the car. Really makes it sound better and updates it with the on board bluetooth so you can make handsfree calls and stream music wirelessly. It also charges the phone through your USB cable. iPhone AND Android friendly as well. In fact there is an Android JVC App you can put on your phone which is kind of cool.
Shoot me an email and I can give you some pictures and more info!
keeaudio@bellsouth.net
Old 03-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kdc-x996. Have this in my T/A and love it! I am a sound quality freak and this unit is great, lots of tuning options. There is zero distortion from the head unit and full volume.(That is one things that separates a good head unit form the rest. The bluetooth even works decent with the t-tops off and windows down. Searching through songs in an ipod is as quick if not quicker than the ipod itself. I also installed an adapter box to maintain steering wheel controls. There are newer units out that have recently replaced it such as the KDC-X997 and *998, not much different other than style and front USB port. I ran my usb port to my glove box and just listen to my iphone through bluetooth.

Quick Reply: Kenwood CD deck